Sunday, February 16, 2014

Week 16

Hey baby boy, 
16 weeks was a hoot! You've grown so much and are learning new things every single day. It's amazing to watch your little mind working. You keep trying to sit up. It makes you so mad that you can't do it yet! You do these tiny little crunches and huff and puff and look at me like "mom! Why aren't you helping me!" So I grab your hands and pull you up and you smile at me like everything is better. 
You also started liking to fly even more, especially since we have started to let you go upside down a little. You laugh! It's the most precious little laugh and I can't wait to hear when your laugh grows  into a deep belly laugh. Your grandma robin keeps telling me that it's the best sound in the world and I'm anxious to hear it. Thursday morning you turned 17 weeks old and I played some music to celebrate. Dancing and lip synching to you made you laugh too. 
I'm learning more and more of your cries and when you tell me you need something I get it. Although the other night you were so tired. You cried and cried for an hour and a half. I was so worried because you don't ever do that. I tried everything I could think of. I changed you, fed you (which you did not want.) took your temperature, gave you some Tylenol In case those two little teeth buds were starting to hurt, I tried gripe water and bicycle kicks, burping nothing was helping. We had a bath, and walking, and laying and sitting. And standing. Wanna know what it took? Wrapping you up in a soft blanket, holding you on my chest in the guest room and rocking back and forth. I prayed to God that something was not wrong and that he would help calm you. Your daddy was on duty so it was just us. A minute later you did just that. Your cries softened your head laid down on my shoulder and you began to sigh, and when I thought you were done I brought you back to bed and got you to eat. You fell asleep and slept for 6 hours before you woke up again. 
The point is beetle, I love you so much. I would do anything to make you happy and make sure your not sad, and when you are? It breaks my heart. Into so many pieces that I don't know how I could ever put them back together again. That's how I feel all the time now. I never thought I could ever have this much love in my heart. It hurts sometimes but it's such an amazing thing being your mom. You smile and laugh and put your hand on mine and everything is okay. 
Your my world baby boy. Happy valentines day sweet one. 
Xoxo mommy




















No comments:

Post a Comment