Sunday, January 13, 2013

One Little Word 2013

So this is my first year hearing about Ali Edwards and her One Little Word plan. She says sometimes a word will pop into your brain and it wont make sense right now, but give it some time.

For me this word that pushed its way into my mind makes perfect sense. It goes along perfectly with my twenty thirteen resolutions, and my goals to better myself.

2012 was a hard year for me. There were plenty of beautiful wonderful moments, but it wasn't always rainbows and unicorns. The beginning of the year was difficult, my husband was deployed so I was constantly worrying. I made the move back to North Carolina with my brother and his girlfriend ended up stranded in the mountains of Virginia, but I pulled it together and we made it back.
the next couple of months were fun and exciting planning Bee's return, catching up with old friends, and getting our house organized.
After he got home I was an emotional mess. it was like the last years' worth of worry and emotion and holding myself together just exploded. I finally had my rock back and I could let it all go. and it was messy. I was in such a cliff dive of emotion. May came to a close with a very hard realization. I needed to heal myself. and I counted on my love for my husband and his strength to pull me through that mess of a time.
I bumped around the rest of the year going from happy to sad to numb like a pinball.


But I pulled through. and that has made me realize just how strong I am.
 
 
 
 
my twenty thirteen word is
 
 
 
It came to me this morning from a teasing facebook comment from a friend. and I don't think he realized how much it belonged to me! I commented right back that I was going to use it and thanked him for sharing it with me.
 
I really am unsinkable and as Ali says on her blog "You live with it. You invite it into your life. You let it speak to you. You might even follow where it leads."
 
I truly hope to follow this word where it leads me.
 
Do you have your word picked out?
I would love to know what word you've chosen to invite into your life.
 
xoxo Jenn
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment