Wednesday, July 10, 2013

16 weeks

such a scary week
cravings: BBQ like crazy I want messy smokey yummy BBQ
cereal

symptoms: may have felt you move! i thought I did last week with some little thumps but yesterday I felt this odd wave....
back sleeping? NO MORE! which is not good.... I've been having trouble with it. I wake up int he middle of the night on my back, roll over and tell you I'm sorry lol

OKAY.... so Tuesday I had blood work done. for a quad screening test. they do during 16 weeks.
Friday my doctor called me with the results and they are abnormal. this means that we are at an elevated risk for you having down syndrome. it means the protein levels in my blood are elevated enough that we are a 1 in 200 chance that you have Downs. so they obviously want to do more testing to see whats going on....
that's only .005% chance you have it. yes on Friday I was FREAKING out crying and reading every possible thing I could about it but I'm more calm now. and then Friday afternoon the doctor called to set up an appointment so we can see whats going on.. it just so happens the best way to do this is to do an anatomy scan! so I have an apt next week with a fetal medicine expert at the hospital to do our scan.. which means we get to find out if we are having a boy or a girl!
love always and forever mommy



No comments:

Post a Comment